Qualify for a Federal Tax Credit
Federal tax credits via the Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes (PATH) Act of 2015, which gave federal tax credits on select energy-efficient products, have been reinstated for 2016. Note the products must be purchased between January 1, 2016 and December 31, 2016 and must be installed by December 31, 2016. The tax credit can be submitted according to the limitations of the IRS. Please consult a tax professional for more information.
1. Purchase any qualifying energy-efficient Hunter Douglas products within the following collections:
- Certain Alustra® Duette ® Architella® honeycomb shades of certain sizes with qualifying fabrics and lifting systems that are inside-mounted over double-glazed windows*
- Certain Duette® Architella® honeycomb shades of certain sizes with qualifying fabrics and lifting systems that are inside-mounted over double-glazed windows*
2. Save your original purchase receipts for the amount paid for the qualifying Hunter Douglas products. (Measuring and Installation charges are not eligible for this tax credit.)
3. Visit the Hunter Douglas website to download the Manufacturer’s Certification Statements. Print out the certificate and take it along with your sales receipt to your tax professional to determine your eligibility for this tax credit.